Thursday, September 16, 2010

Speaking in the Present

Let's look at how to speak about interests, hobbies, or just life in the present tense.


Mike: What do you do at the moment, Zoe?
Zoe: Well, I am an accountant?
Mike: Do you like what you do?
Zoe: Yes, I really enjoy my job. However, I have no time to for anything else.
Mike: What are your interests?
Zoe: I really love the outdoors.  I try to go camping and sometimes mountain climbing when I can. 
       How about you Mike? What do you do?
Mike: Well, I am a freelance writer, so I am able create my own hours. Making time for the fun stuff is not a
           problem.
Zoe:  So, what do you do in your spare time?
Mike: I love to mountain climb as well, but my favorite thing is to travel internationally.  It really gets the
          creative juices flowing. 
Zoe: I am really impressed!  I have to return to work now.  It's been nice speaking with you.
Mike: You too. Bye for now.
Zoe: Talk to you later.

Now your turn

On your own or with a friend.  Talk about your interests or your current life or lifestyle.

Question 1:  What are you studying?
Answer 1:  I am studying/majoring in __________________.

Question 2: What are your interests/hobbies?
Answer 2: I am into/My interests are______________________.

Question 3:  What do you like to do in your spare time?
Answer 3:   I like (to) ___________________ in my spare time.

Question 4:  What are you good at?
Answer 4:  (Try building this sentence on your own).

Great Job!

No comments:

Post a Comment